Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hog Hunting

Well, the Republic of Texas biker rally is in town this weekend, and that can only mean one thing. . . HOGS in the Hill Country! DZ and I are headed out this morning for a drive (in a four-door car, not a two-wheeled death machine - sorry SissieFace!) through the countryside and to make a few stops at such biker bars as Harry's on the Loop and Albert Texas. It's been my experience that where there's rattling pipes and leather outfits, there's also a ton of fun to be had and stories to be heard!

After that we'll go cleanse our souls with a dip in the Llano River. Castell is serving up BBQ and bloody mary's today. . . not a bad combo after a day of hog hunting!

On a side note, the garden still kicks ass and the squash are in full recovery. I'm glad we have all our tomatoes in bloom. . . I'd hate to risk Salmonella for a savory tomato, but those who know me know that I'd pretty much have to if I wasn't growing my own. The moral of the story? It's always safer to grow your own!

No comments: