Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm BAAAAAACK!

First of all, thank you, Kayce, for the little bit of urging to get back to the blog. Last time I got no further than the headline of "Save Second Base!" It was the night before I left for The 3-Day, a 60-mile walk to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research. I wrote this long, beautiful piece about the event (and to ask for donations) and then *POOF* it was gone. So, instead I got a good night's sleep before the long walk! And I haven't been back here since. . . so, here's a little recap.

It was one of the most fulfilling experiences I've ever had. We slept in tents, ate in a "mess hall" the likes of which I'd never seen, and laughed, sang, danced, and limped our way through the DFW Metroplex over the course of three days. It was amazing. I don't use that word lightly, either. I wish I had written more when it was fresh on my mind, but right now not much is fresh in my mind besides terrorism. It's what I studied tonight in my LAST CHAPTER of EMT training!

That's right, dear ones. I said my LAST CHAPTER. As in, I don't have any more homework for a while. As in, I get to have my life back on weeknights. As in, I won't be slamming the door in DZ's face when he tries to talk to me while I'm on the computer. . . well, I might do it on occasion, but it won't be because I'm trying to study in peace! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. Next stop: Boot Camp, a 2-week intensive training session where we do all the "hands-on" stuff that the EMT class requires. For that, I'll miss our first wedding anniversary weekend. And I say weekend instead of just anniversary, because we won't actually have a DAY to celebrate for three more years. Gotta love Leap Day!

OK, so lots of stuff has happened in the last few months, and I'm really excited to be able to catch up on here now that I have my free time back. I know, I know. . . seems like I had plenty of time for facebook but not the blog. That's because facebook requires NO THOUGHT whatsoever, and that's exactly what I've needed the past few months. Now, however, I will have some spare brain cells to give you some silly stories and tales from Spacewood Texas!

By the way, no pictures for now because my camera "disappeared" during The 3-Day. I was hoping someone would have turned it in, but it looks like that's not going to happen. Oh, well. Some lucky lady (or fella) has a whole lot of pictures of my husband re-building the deck, and a few shots of some crazy ladies in hot pink boas and a campsite full of pink tents!

1 comment:

Kayce said...

I so rock. Welcome back! I missed your humor. Good luck with the EMT Finale!!