Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Day, Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday. He's going to be in Dallas with the rest of the family. I've been feeling very guilty for not being there. So many reasons (all of them viable), so little relief of guilt. Until, Monday afternoon, I found out SissieFace also won't be there. Ah-ha! I'm not the worst daughter in the world anymore (not alone with my crown, anyway). Then I was reminded by someone else that I did sneak off and get married in a white dress without my family there (apparently if you're not in white, it's ok!), so I am still the worst daughter in the world!

All I can say to that is, touche'. Come see me in Spacewood some time, Daddy. I'll make you a home-made key lime pie and we'll forget all about that time I didn't make it for your birthday!

Photo send-off. . . to follow my dear friend's tradition:

No comments: