Monday, March 31, 2008

Sick Days

My phone just rang and woke me up from a perfectly good slumber. . . now I hear the rain on the tin roof, my neighbor's tires crushing the rocks in our shared driveway, and a donkey off in the distance braying the blues - he must not have found shelter when the rains came. . . poor donkey.

Today I have slept, checked e-mail for work, drank chocolate milk (is that ok when you're sick?) and slept some more. I wish I had turned my phone to silent. . . I'm going back to sleep now. The rain is a nice sound to put me to sleep. Of course, I sleep sitting up for now. . .

By the way, being sick sucks when you're a grown-up! There's nobody to hold your hand when you get a shot (well, my husband could have gone with me, but he stayed home and cleaned the house instead - which, in hindsight, was far more helpful than holding my hand, but whatever. . . ) There's nobody to remind you to take your medicine - you're a grown-up, you should know these things, right? I must say, though, that my husband is a pretty darn good nurse. . . he takes great care of me when I'm down. . . he even holds me when I cry for no reason other than, "I just don't feel good." (See, I guess, even as a grown-up, I'll never outrgow this one!)

Speaking of growing, you should come see our garden. 1500 square feet and about 8 plants! Seriously, though, a lot of it is squash and that takes up a ton of room!

OK, now I'm going back to bed. . .

No comments: