Saturday, March 8, 2008

Married.


I did it! I married that man. DZ and I were lawfully wedded on Friday, February 29, at the Four Seasons Hotel on the shores of Lady Bird Lake. It was beautiful. It was private. It was perfect!

You can tell how serious we were about the whole thing. . .

Actually, it was a beautiful ceremony. DZ and I decided we wanted it to be just the two of us, but we wanted our best friends to be our witnesses. Well, as it turns out (and we didn't find this out till after we invited them to be in the wedding) you don't need witnesses in Texas. Still, I'm glad Lu was there. Our friend from Budapest called out of the blue that Tuesday before the wedding to tell us he would be in town, so we asked him to stand in as well. It was great to have our friends there.

Now, my family is another story all-together. We didn't tell our families until after we were married. My dad was a bit upset, but he took it like a champ. My mom, when I first told her, was super-excited (she really likes this guy I married!) but as she had time to think about it, she became more upset. She says it's because I had Lu there and not her, but I think she would have been upset no matter what. Well, we had decided a while back that this was how we wanted to do our wedding, so while I can completely see how and why she would be upset, I also am not sorry I did it this way. I didn't do it this way to intentionally hurt Mom's feelings. I did it this way because it's how I wanted my day to be.

Besides, things have calmed down since then, and it's just a matter of time until something else comes along for folks to be upset about. . . I just hope it's not me! Hehe. No seriously, my folks are coming up to visit us this evening. We're going to sit and show off the pictures and go out to dinner. Here's the surprise they don't know. . . we saved the top of our cake to share with them! I hope they like it.

Gotta go enjoy being married for a while. . . peace out!

No comments: