Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh, Happy Day

Folks who know me are sometimes surprised to find out that I am the original anti-Valentine. . . but it's true!
I've never been a huge fan of the holiday, and now that I have dear friends who want and don't have a "special someone" to spend it with, I really hate it! So, instead of putting the pressure on DZ for a "great night" of love and romance (which is silly to think it could get any better than it is every day), I have elected to spend my Valentine's Days from here on out with someone who gives a damn about the holiday! DZ and I agreed to this the first year we were dating, and it's sort of become a tradition for us.
I wonder what I'll do when all my friends are finally married off? I guess I will go to a hospital, or a nursing home, and spend time with someone there. . . but for now, I have plenty of friends who would love the company, and I have lots of love to share! Happy Day, ladies and gents!

No comments: